Kitchen Extract Ducting Cleaning

What you should know

During the cooking process, flammable vapour is given off from cooking oils. The build up of grease in an extract system forms a hidden combustion layer within the duct which could easily ignite. The older the grease, the lower the ignition point, hence why regular cleaning is of paramount importance.

The greatest potential fire risk in buildings with catering facilities comes from the accumulation of grease-laden deposits in extract ventilation systems.  Grease extract duct work often stretches through the entire height of a building reaching to a roof level exhaust, so uncleaned duct work can put not only the kitchen occupants at risk from fire, but also other occupiers within the whole premises.

Although filters in canopies help trap some grease particles, it is inevitable that some grease-laden air will pass through, allowing grease deposits to cool and settle on the internal surfaces of the duct work. Apart from the fire risk, the accumulation of grease in the kitchen extract system reduces ventilation efficiency by restricting the movement of extracted air, resulting in over-heating, excessive humidity, possible failure to remove noxious fumes from gas-burning appliances and a continuing source of unwanted odours which can permeate the rest of the building.

Regular specialist ductwork cleaning will remove the grease and eliminate any potential risk of the ductwork catching fire and the fire spreading throughout the building.

 

Our specialist trained service teams will deep clean your system from canopy to atmosphere.